Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Annoying Trolls on Facebook

So I generally try to keep my professional contacts and people I never met on Linkedin, especially obvious sales people and recruiters, and personal contacts or professional contacts that I met up with in various settings on Facebook. A few months ago I cleaned up my Facebook friends and removed almost 60 people, and but since then I've had a couple lapses in judgment.

A few days ago for the second time I foolishly allowed a friend request from someone that seemed harmless but was trying to accumulate sales leads for their tech company. I got a couple emails from friends asking who this person was trying to friend them on Facebook and that it was one of my contacts. Annoying. This happened last month too. Embarrassing. So no more random friend requests on Facebook. Seriously, these people should troll Linkedin and not Facebook.

No comments: