Friday, January 4, 2008

CLEANING UP MY FACEBOOK CONTACTS

My initial activity on Facebook lent me to accept some random invite requests or random invites being sent out from my gmail contacts. So I decided to clean my "friends list" a bit and clear out the randoms and professional contacts I would prefer to limit to my Linkedin account (i.e. recruiters, headhunters).

For me there isn't an exact criteria since I do believe Facebook is useful for some professional contacts, and keeping in touch with acquaintances. I've been eye-balling my "friends" directory, thinking about how I know someone (or don't know), and then removing those I would prefer to know through Linkedin or email. I've removed over 40 so far.

Hopefully this will keep my small world a little more manageable.

No comments: