Monday, September 8, 2008

@TechCrunch50... Ashton Kutcher Talks About Online Video

Alexa from Ooyala sent me this interview she shot with Ashton Kutcher and Jason Goldberg at TechCrunch50. Ooyala is an online video syndication and monetization platform founded by three former Google engineers.

Ashton: "I think that online video as a medium has inspired a whole new level of creativity. Everyone can be an artist and I really appreciate that. I also think that the S & P standards are different and allow a little more creative freedom. And because it is short form, it allows people who don't have a lot of money to create content to create content. and I think that most creativity comes from when there is a bit of a financial strap."

Jason: "Well, we will be measuring our video for sure and when it comes to our model and how to monetize it or be done through display and branded. For us it is about finding the right partners for the right content."



No comments: