Monday, March 20, 2006

WENT BACK TO APPLE... MACBOOK PRO

I just bought a MacBook Pro. My first Mac since 1998, which was my last year in grad school before going back to the professional world. I'm pretty geeked up about this. I always loved Macs, but it was difficult years ago to have a Mac for professional use since the documents were never compatible no matter what Apple stated for years (evil of Microsoft). Now those issues are dead.

Also I'm happy to put aside my Dell Inspiron 9100. The 2.8 GHz and 512 MB of RAM didn't live up to my expectations. It was a mini-refrig too with a battery that was the size of a brick. People thought I was carrying around my desktop computer instead of a powerful laptop. As with other Dells, the fan had issues. It would constantly run especially with my "powerful processor" that needed cool down, so it sounded like a jet engine. Seriously... it was a 747 jumbo jet roaring on my desk.

Anyway, I'll see how my life goes back in the hands of Apple.

No comments: