Friday, August 12, 2005

Henry's Toughass Dad

My friend, Henry, who was Korea's first multiple martial arts champ (e.g. UFC, Pride) sent this random picture of his father. I knew he was a Tae Kwon Do instructor, but I didn't know he helped train the president of South Korea's chief of security. No wonder where Henry gets his badass side from. Of course, if you met Henry you wouldn't suspect anything like that. He's a big teddy bear.

I wonder if his father knew one of my dad's acquaintances since the elite martial artists travel a small circle. He was one of Adnan Khashoggi, the Saudi arms dealer, personal body guards for several years. I believe Khashoggi had eight of them. If you also saw this man, you wouldn't think much of him. He was skinny as a rail and unassuming, but I heard from my father and his best friend, who I think was his brother-in-law or something, that he was one badass dude.


Grandmaster Won Sun Jung

No comments: