Wednesday, December 1, 2004

TRY OUT A RSS READER

Last week I finally corrected my site feeds and tried out a RSS reader. My friend, Doug, has been using them over the past couple years and ranted about it. I just never got around to trying one out and became a closet Luddite. Now after experimenting with a few I'm sold. Right now I use Bloglines, but you can try out others. I don't use it for all the blogs and sites I read, but for the handful I use it for I found it to be efficient and convenient.

Some more information about RSS readers:

RSS and Atom files provide news updates from a website in a simple form for your computer. You read these files in a program called an aggregator, which collects news from various websites and provides it to you in a simple form.

What is an RSS feed?
RSS stands for "Remote Site Syndication" and allows you to get the latest headline or summary information from a blog or news sites through a RSS readers.

Why should I use RSS?
A benefit of RSS readers is that you can subscribe to many websites and thus stay informed without having to go to each site individually.

No comments: