Wednesday, June 9, 2004

TERRIBLE TUESDAY... LAKERS WIN AND I GET A SPRAIN

Yesterday I sprained my ankle playing basketball. This really sucks because I was getting my legs and rhythm back... blocking a lot of shots and hitting my jump shot. I heard my ligaments crackle when I went down on someone's foot and I knew it was a bad sprain. First ankle sprain in about three years. Today I went to get acupuncture on my ankle, so it will heal faster. During my college years, when I was more reckless and played volleyball too, I sprained my ankle often enough to learn how effective acupuncture is on certain injuries.

Anyway, so I headed home early due to my injury and I got to watch the NBA finals game from halftime on. It was awesome and disappointing to watch the Pistons hang tough and get up by six points with 48 seconds left, and then to see them lose on a weak three-point play by Shaq and then an awesome three-point shot by Kobe. Once I saw the switch on the inbound play and saw Rip Hamilton on Kobe instead of Prince, I knew it was going in. I really don't think the Pistons should or will be negatively effected as some NBA analysts were stating after the game. They almost took two games at home from the Lakers. Now they should go back to Detroit with confidence that they can win it all. I don't believe I'm a fan of the Pistons now just because I'm anti-Lakers, but the character and composition of the team is far different from the days of Isiah Thomas, Bill Laimbeer, and Rick Mahorn. I really hated those guys. The new Pistons are respectable and enjoyable to watch, so I'm all for them now.

No comments: