Wednesday, June 9, 2004

TED RALL IS A TOOL... A LOSER WITH NO SOUL

Last night on Hannity & Colmes I watched Ted Rall being interviewed and was amazed at how idiotic a person can be. I swear people whose core is driven by hate and the inabilty to effective work with people from conflicting values and views must have IQs way below 100... or just a messed up childhood. Rall penned a column during this time of mourning stating, "His clown-like dyed hair and rouged cheeks disgusted us. We hated him during the dark days he made so hideous, and, with all due respect, we hate him still." This is the same person that similarly mocked Pat Tillman in his death.

Rall's comments remind me of old clips from KKK leaders spewing their words of hate with the scent of death. When you listen to some of these KKK members or modern day skin-heads, you realize that their level of thinking is simplistic and unable to accept a reality beyond their world. Rall is simply an idiot seeking the spotlight by promoting his vile hate and poor artistic work. My other minor theory is that he's of average intelligence, but was scarred during his childhood. Maybe an awkward child ridiculed into a bitter existence with inner demons feeding his hate.

I might disagree with Clinton and aspects of his presidency and I might even indireclty blame him for some of the deaths in Bosnia due to his inaction, but do I hate him? Would I spit on his grave? Or do I realize the complexity of policy decisions and respect the differences in values? Even if he was a man of selfishness and greed, do I hate him to the point of disrespecting him in his death? Even if a person was filled with such hate and evil, like Ted Rall, I do not think such words or actions would be appropriate during a time of mourning.


Hannity & Colmes transcript:

RONALD REAGAN: My fellow citizens, those of you here at this hall and those of you at home, I want you to know that I have always had the highest respect for you, for your common sense and intelligence and for your decency. I have always believed in you and in what you could accomplish for yourselves and for others.

And whatever else history may say about me when I'm gone, I hope it will report that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears, to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty's lamp guiding your steps and opportunities arm steadying your way.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ALAN COLMES, CO-HOST: Is this an appropriate time for critics of the former president to voice their dissent? Our next guest certainly thinks so. He's penned a column condemning Reagan's legacy, "His clown-like dyed hair and rouged cheeks disgusted us. We hated him during the dark days he made so hideous, and, with all due respect, we hate him still."

Joining us now columnist and political cartoonist Ted Rall. I don't see where the respect is.

TED RALL, COLUMNIST AND POLITICAL CARTOONIST: There is no respect for a man who...

COLMES: So why say with all respect? Isn't that hypocritical? Because you're not showing any respect.

RALL: It's called sarcasm, Alan.

COLMES: Look, Ecclesiastes says for everything there is a season and I think there's a time. I've spent many years being critical of Reagan's policies, and I'm sure the time will come once again to debate those things.

RALL: Clearly, I mean, I'm just...

COLMES: You need to understand my question.

RALL: Sure.

COLMES: Is there no appropriate time to hold your fire and to show some grace, at least, if for no other reason, than to respect the office of the presidency?

RALL: I think I respect the office of the presidency to the extent to say that President Reagan is entitled to the flag at half-staff, the state funeral, all that kind of thing.

COLMES: That's kind of you. (transcript)

No comments: