Monday, June 6, 2011

When Is Linkedin Integrating with Foursquare?

I was traveling to NYC and CT this past weekend and using Foursquare, Facebook, and Yelp to check-in at various locations. I know I am a bit of an outlier when it comes to location-based apps, but I was wishing that Linkedin was integrated with Foursquare.

I assume there are a fair amount of users like me who separate their professional and personal world between Linkedin and Facebook instead of having all your online connections on Facebook. Currently, when I check in on Foursquare I usually turn-on the Twitter notification and selectively turn-on the Facebook notification. Then I thought it would be nice to not only selectively inform my Facebook friends about my Foursquare check-ins, but also to do the same with my professional contacts on Linkedin.

If Linkedin wants to be the professional alternative to Facebook, I believe they should start providing such alternatives.

No comments: