Tuesday, November 2, 2010

About.me Beta... Pretty Cool

About.me has started their beta. I've been trying it out while in meetings today, and I like their design driven approach to creating a personal splash page for people. About.me allows you to create a simple, personalized and beautifully designed (or self-designed) home for all of your online identities. More from their site:

We designed about.me for ourselves. A lot of us have multiple online profiles scattered across various services, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, and Twitter. And one problem we face is pulling all of this information together to build a single on-line identity — be it for personal use, or to create a professional on-line profile. Our focus is simple, enable you to:

1) create a personal, dynamic profile page (think splash page) that points users to your content around the web (versus depending on Google search); and

2) understand how many people see your profile, where they're coming from, and what they do on your page.



Here are a couple tests I put up. The first is selected from About.me's pre-loaded templates, and the second is a picture with one of our daugthers, Kendra. My About.me page is here.


No comments: