My answer over at Peerpong and here are some others.
What's the Best Venture Capital Firm or Angel to Work with as a First-Time Entrepreneur?
Agree that you should focus on a specific partner and how he/she fits your personality, vision and intended company culture. Of course, sometimes you don't have that luxury. Here's my short list:
1. SV Angel (Ron Conway's angel fund)
2. Softtech VC (Jeff Clavier's angel fund)
3. Harrison Metal (Michael Dearing's "super" angel fund, $500K+)
4. Radar Partners (Kevin Compton, former KPCB partner)
5. Foundry Group (Brad Feld is a good mentor type)
6. First Round Capital