George Godula, who I worked with on the Open Web Asia conference, is putting together a tour of Tokyo, Beijing, and Shanghai with Dave McClure and The Founders Fund. More from their site:
Geeks on a Plane is inviting international investors and tech entrepreneurs on a 10 day orientation tour of Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai's Internet, Mobile & Gaming sector.
For more details please visit http://www.geeksonaplane.com and follow us on Twitter @geeksonaplane
· Tokyo, June 8th - 10th 2009
· Beijing, June 11th - 12th 2009
· Shanghai, June 13th - 16th 2009
· Gain insight into tech & innovation trends coming out of East Asia.
· Meet the startup & tech community in Tokyo, Beijing & Shanghai.
· Understand the current investment climate in each respective city.
· Participate in a pro-entrepreneur and pro-investment initiative
during a tough global economy.
Each tour stop in Japan and China will offer the opportunity for our tour attendees to connect with the hottest local tech companies, start ups, entrepreneurs and investors via the following formats:
· Tokyo 2.0
· Startonomics conference
· Startup2Startup dinners
· Geeks On A Wall (Great Wall of China Hike, Beijing)
· Barcamp Shanghai
· VIP dinners and cocktail receptions
· Break out sessions & individual appointments
· Geeks & Glamour After Party - Geeks On A Plane, TEDx Shanghai and the Shanghai International Film Festival. By Invitation Only.
This tour is supported and co-organized by plus8star, KDDI Web Communications, the Tokyo 2.0 Team, Tudou, cilantromedia, Chinameme and many others.
Local startups, entrepreneurs and investors in Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai: Please do also contact George at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved in this tour as speaker, moderator, supporter or sponsor. This tour is all about you and will be a unique platform for you to show case your services or portfolio companies.
For sponsorship opportunities please visit here or send an email to email@example.com for further details & pricing.