Tuesday, April 28, 2009

eMarketer's Twitter Tally

eMarketer has their latest projections on Twitter:

Tweety Bird would never believe this.

If media attention is any indication, Twitter has exploded into an all-out phenomenon. Celebrities, politicians, entrepreneurs, business leaders and everyday users are flocking to the service en masse, generating a frenzy of activity and attention.

Everybody is talking about Twitter, but what do the numbers say?



All I can say is that I predicted Twitter would go mainstream last May :) I would estimate that it really didn't go mainstream until winter of 2008 when major media outlets began using it to interact with their viewers. If I only had more time to write my trend pieces :)

"Twitter, Tina Fey, and the Future of Micro-Blogging" Mashable

No comments: