Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nancy Pelosi is a Leading Green Energy Advocate in Congress? Leader on Church Doctrine? Please

If you already haven't heard, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi displayed her intelligence in full view on Sunday's "Meet the Press":

On NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday, the speaker twice seemed to suggest that natural gas – an energy source she favors – is not a fossil fuel.

I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels,” she said at one point. Natural gas “is cheap, abundant and clean compared to fossil fuels,” she said at another.


So this catapults her into political lore with Dan Quayle's "potatoe" incident, Al Gore proclaiming that he invented the Internet, and a few of George W. Bush's gaffes. I've heard her speak on other issues and just thought she was a bit crazy. Now I'm thinking dumb and crazy.

Also not wanting to admit that she's a complete idiot, Pelosi is not taking back her statements about the Catholic Church not being able to define when life started during the same interview. Yes, she is trying to tell these Archbishop and bishops that they don't know their own doctrine. Pretty funny.

"Pelosi stands by abortion comments" AP

"Archbishop Disputes Pelosi's Statements" The Washington Post

Anyway, I don't even know why this is a religious issue. There is enough scientific evidence that life begins at conception. There is enough anecdotal evidence, especially if you've had children yourself. Christopher Hitchens from the far left is a contributing editor to Vanity Fair, "Top 100 Public Intellectuals," leading atheist, and pro-life advocate. As I posted before, since he's lived in the U.K. most of his life, abortion isn't a political issue for him. It's about science and fact not faith and church doctrine.

This is the same for me. I didn't need the church to guide me on my views about abortion. I discovered for myself. Seriously, some people need to read for themselves rather than having Congressional staffers summarize notes and books into one pagers :)

No comments: