Got some requests to send these job postings out, so I'll put them up here.
CRAIGSLIST FOUNDATION: Operations Manager
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW: Founded in 1999 to harness the tremendous goodwill generated by craigslist.org, Craigslist Foundation provides knowledge, resources, and visibility to the next generation of nonprofit leaders.
While Craigslist is about people helping people, Craigslist Foundation is about helping people help. Through Nonprofit Boot Camp, its professional development conference in multiple cities, and leading-edge online resources, Craigslist Foundation educates, empowers, and connects emerging nonprofit leaders and social entrepreneurs, creating an on-ramp to the social sector. For more information, please visit www.craigslistfoundation.org.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Are you a can-do, multi-tasking, operationally-oriented person with an interest in supporting the foundational backbone of a small but bustling entrepreneurial nonprofit? Do you have the flexibility to work with people at any professional level? Do you have the maturity and discretion to deal with sensitive HR tasks as well as the gumption to take on the toughest facilities or tech support challenges? If so, you might be the Operations Manager that Craigslist Foundation is looking for.
In this role your mission will be to oversee and manage human resources and internal operational tasks for a six-person (and growing) staff, including finance & accounting, legal, benefits, payroll, staffing, operations, facilities, IT and special projects.
The bulk of the position will require you to create and manage organizational systems and processes that support the administrative and technical structure of the organization, the Executive Director, and the staff.
You will have a better chance at success if you possess some or all of these
- general bookkeeping & accounting experience
- an inherent need and ability to organize and stay organized
- great at building work-flow systems
- excel at managing up, as well as down
- greening experience, or a strong interest in building it
- a heartfelt connection to/interest in mission-based organizations
- general operations experience ( i.e. facilities, legal, etc.)
- tech (IT) support skills
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Finance & Accounting
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable, including managing the relationship with our bookkeeping firm
- Create and manage organization-wide systems & processes
- Manage office functions: receiving and distributing mail, ordering office supplies, administrative filing, reception, phone messages, organizational email accounts
- Secure and maintain furnishings and supplies
- Manage facilities and relationship with property manager and building maintenance staff
- Keep Standard Operating Procedures document up-to-date
- Oversee greening of office operations
- Coordinate reviews of pertinent material with our legal partners
HR & Benefits
- Manage relationship with our outsourced human resources and benefits provider
- Oversee payroll and 401K contributions
- Work with Executive Director and team in hiring staff, contractors, interns, and vendors
- Administrate staff and contractor paperwork, including I-9 s, benefits & payroll set up, W-9 s, and contracts
- Oversee IT support: contracts, purchasing and maintenance of phone system, DSL computer hardware & software, fax, printers, and all other office equipment
- Oversee weekly hard drive backups for all staff, or implement a system to automate this
- Manage external IT resources (sys admin, vendors, etc.)
TO APPLY: Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about the opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Operations Manager. " Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
SATCON TECHNOLOGIES: Hiring for Two Business Development Positions at Leading Cleantech Company
I need to fill two business development manager positions in my organization here at Satcon, and I wondered if you had anyone you could recommend.
We are the leader in power conversion system for commercial solar energy in North America, and growing rapidly internationally. It's an exciting field, and these jobs are a great opportunity for someone that is interested in getting into the cleantech industry.
Both positions are located in the Bay Area.
One is for North America, and the other is for Asia. They will report to the Sr. Director of Business Development, who reports to me.
The person must have experience developing and managing a channel for high tech products. Preferably hardware background, but a software or solutions background with the willingness to learn about the industry quickly would do fine. Experience developing an OEM agreement would be fantastic.
We'd like the BD person for Asia to be fluent in Korean. We are in the process of signing a major distributor in Korea, and are already doing a fair amount of business there.
These jobs are open today, and we need to fill them immediately.
Again, if you know anyone interested in cleantech, this is a great opportunity.
Corporate Vice President, Sales and Marketing