Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Brief Notes on the Web 2.0 Expo

Today was okay. The sessions weren't so thought-provoking and insightful, but I didn't expect them to be since these are suppose to speak to a broad audience. The networking was good and I enjoyed most of the keynote speakers.

Tim O'Reilly had a solid opening presentation. ReadWriteWeb covers it here. Here were his "big opportunities":

1) web 2.0 in enterprise; "turning themselves inside out"
2) web 2.0 evolving into cloud computing
3) ambient computing (mobile phones and ubiquitous sensors)


I noticed a difference between him and other event organizers, such as AlwaysOn. Tim has a clearer understanding of Web 2.0 and new media down to the details, and is far more intelligent in his analysis of where everything is going. I could understand why over 4,000 attendees were intently listening to him.

Anyway, I'll see how the next two days go.

No comments: