Monday, November 5, 2007

GOOGLE'S ANDROID ANNOUNCED... MOBILE ADS GO CRAZY?

Well, all the hype over the "GPhone" has shown to be misplaced. The announcement by Google today is showing to be a bigger play. Huge. This is why Google bought Android and locked Andy Rubin into the chambers of the new DeathStar a couple years ago. Google wants to dominate the next dominant platform of the Internet.

Several months ago my friend brought a great opportunity for Google to acquire major handset manufacturer, but they passed so any idea of them going into the mobile phone space dissipated for me. Also I knew from my friend at a VC firm, who was looking to invest into Android before Google acquired them, that Rubin had a grand vision for his company.

I wonder how Google's advertising system will play into all of this? :)

More from TechCruch here and CNET here.

No comments: