Wednesday, July 12, 2006

NHN LAUNCHES U.S. ONLINE GAMING SITE

On July 7th, NHN Corp, which is the leading casual online gaming company in the world, launched its U.S. presence with its ijji.com site, but today was my first visit. NHN and its Hangame division were always one of the few South Korean video game companies I thought had the elements to be successful in the U.S. and elsewhere outside of Asia, so it will be interesting to see how they do and if my intuition was correct.

I also blogged about NHN Corp a while back ("WHY IS GOOGLE GETTING WHIPPED IN SOUTH KOREA BY NHN?") on their history and other business, which is a search portal and technology site that is dominating the South Korean market. This was spurred on by a BusinessWeek article that you can check out here. Just to let you know NHN was my client when I worked at a Hong Kong-based boutique investment bank several years ago.

Anyway, check out ijji.com and let me know what you think. I heard they will come out of beta in a couple months.

No comments: