Thursday, April 13, 2006

MESSY IMMIGRATION ISSUE... BUSH IS PRO-OPEN-BORDERS AND PRO-AMNESTY, WHAT IS YOUR REP'S POSITION?

So I've been still recovering from my illness with lingering congestion. I've gone through about 3 boxes of Kleenex that piles into mole hills on my desk every half hour. The stuff that's coming out of my body is messy and the by-product of a necessary process. (lame transition warning)

I guess my mole hills are similar to the debate and discussion on immigration which has divided both parties along numerous issues. It's a messy debate, lots of crap being spoken, and the process is tiring. What will the outcome be? Here are some recent clips on this issue from the right and left:

"Party lines and borderlines" from Glenn Reynolds.

"Burkle Raises Larger Issues!" comments and links from Mickey Kaus.

"The immigration brouhaha" from Cathy Young, columnist for The Boston Globe.

"Homeland Insecurity"
Dae Hwan and Young Mi Jung lived contentedly in Toledo, Ohio, for 20 years. But after a mix-up with Homeland Security, the couple made the difficult decision to voluntarily deport to Korea. They left their only son, Andrew, behind.

No comments: