Monday, January 16, 2006

RUBIK CUBE RECORD FALLS

Weird that the Rubik Cube has back come in vogue after over 20 years of losing the interest of the general public. I remember in late grade school trying to master the cube. I don't remember my best, but I was typically under a minute. Maybe 30 seconds? I can't remember since it was so long ago, but I was never close to the world record. Anyway, there is a new world record now.

Think of the things you could do in 11 seconds. Maybe you could walk to the fridge to get a soda. You could change CDs, or possibly put on a T-shirt. But when you think about it, it's a pretty short period of time.

Don't tell that to Leyan Lo. On Saturday, at the International Rubik's Cube competition held at the Exploratorium here, Lo took just 11.13 seconds to set the world record for solving of one of the iconic red, white, blue, green, yellow and red cubes.
(full article)

No comments: