Wednesday, January 25, 2006

GOOGLE IS THE TOP BRAND IN 2005... SKYPE IS #3? AND FIREFOX #8??

Google tops Apple in 2005, but an odd thing for me was to hear that Skype was voted the third most influential brand in the world and Firefox was number eight. Really?

I was initially impressed by Skype's number three slot, but when I read that Firefox was the eighth "most influential brand in the world" doubt creeped into my mind. The people surveyed definitely are more tech savvy than the average consumer out in the world. Then I read that the survey was conducted online. Okay, huge bias. Obviously, this was not the most scientific survey that would accurately reflect the thinking behind the average marketing professional. I wonder how a more comprehensive survey effort would change the results for this top global brands list.

No comments: