YOU'VE BEEN HOTDOGGED!... ALARM:CLOCK FUNNIES
I've posted before how I like the humor of the guys over at alarm:clock, a blog that covers VC deals and related news. The following isn't their commentary, but they led me to it:
The blogger Kurt Schrader riffed on this theme and related other tricks that he and his devious co-workers have dreamt-up to punk their cubicle prey. Schrader invites visitors to add other hotdogs.
- Adjust the mouse sensitivity and orientation. Nothing like moving the mouse up a bit and having the cursor fling diagonally downwards.
- Change their homepage to something totally inappropriate. Use your imagination here.
- Change the MS Word autocorrect so that the word "and" autocorrects to the word "shit" or something along those lines. This is always a good one, because they're not likely to discover it for awhile and it's really confusing when they do.
- Take a screenshot of their screen, make it their background, lock the machine, and then drag the unlock box off of the side. When they come back everything looks just like they left it, but nothing can be clicked on.
- Retheme their machine so that everything (mouse pointer, dialog boxes, text, background, etc) are all the same color. Not only can you not differentiate anything to get anything done, you can't even figure out how to pull up the dialog box to change things back.