Monday, November 14, 2005

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS GOES ONLINE

Very cool that D&D is going to an online version. I was a D&D fanatic in my late grade school and junior high school years. It consumed entire weekends to the displeasure of my parents. I might have to try this version out to the displeasure of my wife.

When Turbine Games releases "Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach" early next year, executives there are hoping the new creation can reach the untold millions who played and loved the original, paper-based role-playing game.

Turbine's game developers say D&D Online is designed to stay as true as possible to the paper-based version and offers a reasonable online alternative to the more than 4.6 million people still playing D&D just in the United States. The game--in which players create imaginary characters and adventure through fantasy forests, castles and other environs--has been around for more than three decades.
(full article)

No comments: