Friday, October 28, 2005

FLOCK, WINK, GOOWY... SUNNY DAY, SWEEPING THE CLOUDS AWAY

Ok, the past few weeks I've been checking out so many 'alphas' and 'betas', including our own, that I feel like I'm back in kindergarten watching too much Sesame Street. Lately, I've been trying out Flock, but I'm not big on it yet and pretty happy with Firefox. Same with Wink, which is a search "powered by people." Both have legs and I know many people will find both to be cool and useful services, but they just didn't grab me yet.

One service that I came across, which I thought was very cool was Goowy. It has a slick interface and a fun feel to the whole service. It provides a new desktop experience with email, calendar, RSS reader, Google maps, Flickr integration, and some other services. You can tell it was developed by people that simply wanted to create a high-quality, fun product. Anyway, check these new products out.

No comments: