Wednesday, September 7, 2005

NONDESTRUCTIVE CREATION... ENTREPRENEURSHIP IS THE MOTOR THAT DRIVES THE LABOR MARKET

Good essay ('Nondestructive Creation') on entrepreneurship by R. Glenn Hubbard
, dean of Columbia Business School.

Also here's my random experience this morning that reminds me how I know San Francisco does not have a strong Jewish presence like New York City and Chicago. I went to a bagel shop on Chestnut Street this morning and ordered an egg bagel with garlic herb cream cheese.

"Oh, I can also have lochs on the side with that."

Bagel employee, "The fish, right?"

"Uh, yeah, the fish," I replied.

A couple thoughts went through my head. Is she trying to confirm with me what lochs are? Or is she trying to make sure I want and know what lochs are? I never encountered this in a bagel shop in New York or Chicago. I was definitely in San Francisco, and I found it amusing that it was in a place called Noah's New York Bagels.

No comments: