Thursday, July 14, 2005

ONE, THE CAMPAIGN TO MAKE POVERTY HISTORY

A bit late on posting about The One Campaign, but I thought I should since I posted about and related topics on this campaign against poverty.

There are some questions in the blogosphere about whether it has been an effective collaborative effort from the left (e.g. Brad Pitt, Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs, and bunch of other stars) and right (e.g. Pat Robertson, Michael W. Smith) and how truly effective this is in the long-term. I didn't dig so deep into these issues, but I'd say it's a good start. Of course much these star-studded campaigns are fluff and feel good movements (dude, that was inspiring... awesome... the best experience of my life, going to the Live 8 concert and volunteering...), but you discount these factors and it did some good. Anyway, here is the One Blog.

No comments: