Thursday, May 26, 2005

"FAITH OF MY FATHERS"
A&E to air a movie version of John McCain's memoir

I apologize I haven't been posting, my job here in Austin is a lot tougher than I'd imagined. Not in terms of time, but in terms of stress. So I'm just trudging along, and I came across John McCain's memoir for a little inspiration. Life's hard for me, but it can't be as hard as Hanoi Hilton.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of "The Deal" that McCain and a bunch of others put together, but I'm a bigger detractor of changing rules that were there for a reason. Now don't get me wrong, I think the Democrats are in a much much more of a fault then their Republican counter-parts, however, the idea of changing the rules is something that seems very wrong to me. Besides, I know you've heard it before, but seriously, Republicans aren't gonna be in power forever, and what if President Hillary tries to put some crazy liberal on the Supreme Court? I mean with the poll ratings the way they are now, Republicans aren't exactly in favor of Americans. So, I'm happy the rules weren't changed, still a little pissed that it had to go all the way to a friggin "Deal" to make others happy.

Regardless, McCain is a great man, and he deserves his due respect. Check out the movie. It airs on A&E on Memorial Day. God Bless the men who have fallen for our freedoms, and our country.

More Here

No comments: