Thursday, January 27, 2005

ANOTHER REASON WHY I LIKE THIS GUY

"Bush Among the Morans" by Wlady Pleszczynski:

Important matters of state aside, yesterday's presidential press conference was noteworthy for the easy contempt Mr. Bush displayed for the Washington press corps. I'd hate to be a mule on his ranch! Bush no longer feels the need even to pretend to be courting any of these critters. If looks could maim, there'd not be a single Washington pressy walking steadily these days.

HatTip to Lucianne.com where a few choice comments were posted:

I loved the press conference. Especially the answer Bush gave where he was having to explain the amazing significance of elections being held in Afghanistan and in Iraq in a few days. Bush told them that if he had stood there 3 years ago and told them that we would be having free elections in Iraq, they (the press) would have been sitting there looking at him "kinda like now with those blank stares". I busted out laughing and even now, when I think about it, it makes me smile. All I could do was picture those vultures that call themselves journalists and such, just sittin there...mouths hanging open...stareing as if the President were not speaking their language. In fact, I guess if you are speaking the truth and it happens to be about freedom, it might as well be Japanese to them.

No comments: