Sunday, December 26, 2004

PASSING OF REGGIE WHITE... ONE OF THE BEST EVER

"Minister of Defense" passed away this Sunday morning. I remember watching dominate as a defensive end for years with the Eagles and Packers. I also remember him being an inspirational example of a human being, Christian, and leader off the field. Prayers go out to his family and loved ones.

Various quotes here:

"Reggie White was one of the greatest football players I've ever seen or lined up against. He was amazingly dominant and someone that a team spent a week preparing for. When an offensive line stepped onto the field, it was imperative to locate where White was lined up to have some semblance of a chance at figuring out how he was going to disrupt your offense.

I'll never forget one of the first times I ever had to face White on the field. I was playing for the Washington Redskins at the time, and I didn't really expect to have to face him. At the time, the Eagles would switch him all over the line so that he'd occasionally face a guard. I'll never forget how I felt when I came out of the huddle and realized he was lining up to face me. I immediately started wondering what I'd done to deserve this butt whupping.

Off the field, there wasn't a hypocritical bone in his body. He affected many people with his personality, beliefs and the stewardship of his life. He was one of the greatest and noblest men I've ever been around. Regardless of where you were in your walk in life, he was going to treat you with kindness, compassion, love and respect. We've lost a great man today."
- Mark Schlereth

No comments: