Saturday, November 27, 2004

BILL O'REILLY BACKS DAN RATHER

"Dan Rather did not get what he deserved in this case. He made a mistake, as we all do, but he is not a dishonest man."

O'Reilly took sides with Dan Rather against the blogosphere that took Rather down. This could have been a positioning move by O'Reilly, but I'm not sure how he would benefit or build up his capital from this situation. He is probably speaking from his personal relationship with Rather. For me, it seems O'Reilly could be blinded by his past relationship since more fingers do point towards the fact that Rather did knowingly use fake documents in that story against President Bush. This also seems confirmed by Andy Rooney's recent comments at Tufts University.

Either way, I might have brought this up before, but Bill O'Reilly is a great political commentator because he criticizes people on the left and right, and will support people on either side as long as it makes sense to him.

I remember speaking with one of my Dem friends about O'Reilly and he started bashing him.

"Wait. You have to admit he's fair as political commentators go. Others on CNN or wherever are afraid of criticizing people from their own party or ideology. O'Reilly rips on everybody... And you watch him, right? Even though you hate him."

"Okay. I'll give you that. He's even-handed at times... Yeah, I watch him."

No comments: