Monday, October 11, 2004

NOBEL PRIZE WINNER SAYS BUSH ISN'T CUTTING TAXES ENOUGH

Just saw CNBC's Street Signs and today's guest was Edward Prescott, 2004's Nobel economics prize winner. Prescott won the award along with Norway's Finn E. Kydland.

Anyways, he stated that Bush's tax cuts do not go far enough and further cuts are needed to stimulate the economy. I didn't catch the whole interview, so I'll post it up if I get the transcript. You don't get much better than a Nobel prize laureate to back your economic policy.

Also a shoutout to my old professor for science and technology policy from Columbia University, Dr. Michael Crow. Prescott is a professor at Arizona State University where Dr. Crow serves as its current president. Dr. Crow was very helpful to this entrepreneur and was an advisor to a couple of my ventures. He was a great teacher and a brilliant person to learn from. I was inspired to write this post a while back from what I learned from him.

Funny coincidence in all this is that the last round of the presidential debates will be held at ASU. GO BUSH!

No comments: