Friday, October 8, 2004

BRIEF RESPONSE TO ROUND 2... HILARIOUS MOMENTS

Okay, I couldn't get the transcript, but did I hear Kerry correctly? He referred to the World Trade Center bombing in 1993 and then said we didn't receive the next one until five or six years later. I was watching the debate with two anti-Bushies and one other Bush supporter and all of us did a double-take and started to laugh. What did he say? We were cracking up and Kerry's math error. 1993 plus five or six equals 1998 and 1999. Hmmm... 9/11 was 2001. What event or events was John Kerry referring to? We were missing something?

President Bush could have had fun with this and said:

"John, one plus one equals two and 1993 plus six does not equal 2001..."

Second hilarious moment was President Bush joking around about his "scowl" from the prior debate. After listening to Kerry flip-flop again, Bush said Kerry's response made him scowl.

Last one was the President's response to Kerry stating he owned a timber company, "I own a timber company?... Want some wood?"

I'm not sure if the audience laughed, but our group was laughing. I thought Bush was funny and did a good plug for time. The anti-Bushies were laughing and thought he degraded the level of professionalism of the debate.

Anyway, I enjoyed watching tonight's debate and I definitely believe the President took this one. I thought he lost the first one, but he took this one to Kerry and came out on top.

No comments: