Monday, September 6, 2004

ASSOCIATED PRESS = DEMS WHIPPING BOY
Roland Prinz = Jason Blair?


Power Line has a very informative post on the recent media blitz led by the Associated Press on Schwarzenegger's supposed false comments on his childhood. He didn't lie. The AP and Roland Prinz lied about his comments, and spun it against Arnold. I don't believe media outlets just didn't check on the transcript of his speech to see part of this blatant smear on the RNC Convention and the "Governator."

This criticism is absurd. Arnold didn't say that he saw Soviet troops in Styria; on the contrary, he made it clear that he was talking about the Soviet zone:

When I was a boy, the Soviets occupied part of Austria. I saw their tanks in the streets. I saw communism with my own eyes. I remember the fear we had when we had to cross into the Soviet sector.

So what's the point? There isn't any. What Arnold said was precisely accurate.

No comments: