Tuesday, March 16, 2004

MARK CUBAN WEBLOG... AWESOME
Could Not Agree with Him More About Sam Smith


Public opinion on Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks, is mixed in terms of his management decisions and public rants about the NBA, referees, and other related issues. Generally, I believe he brings a refreshing and entertaining aspect to the NBA. Now he has a blog, which is awesome.

In a recent entry, he rips on Sam Smith, from the Chicago Tribune, which I loved. I don't like Sam Smith, but for different reasons than Cuban. Cuban writes:

"I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and guess that he isn't lazy, that he is only malicious."

I agree with his statement. He was malicious. Malicious against MJ. Malicious from his subtle articles to his harsh book on Michael. "Hate" might be a better word since I grew up in Chicago and loved Michael Jordan. Sam Smith was Michael Jordan-hater, which I did not respect or appreciate. Michael has his flaws, but he brought the NBA to another level and gave the City of Chicago a decade of raw excitement and pride. Sam Smith used his pen for personal attacks on Michael which I will never forget.

No comments: