Tuesday, March 16, 2004

ANOTHER PERSONALITY TEST BY TICKLE

Interesting approach to this whole social networking thing by Tickle. They get people to take various types of exams and plug them into their online social network or matchmaking service. My girlfriend sent me their IQ exam a few weeks ago, but I didn't get a chance to do it yet. I guess I will do it soon.

It didn't seem like an in-depth questionnaire like other personality tests, but the results were somewhat similar to my Keirsey Temperament results (ESTP). Only thing that cracks me up is that it states, "Chances are you're pretty liberal." While not necessarily referring to my political views, it was amusing because a handful of people have recently emailed me to say that I'm pretty open-minded for a Republican, or that even though I'm a Bush supporter I seem like a liberal.

Hahahaha... While I appreciated those comments, it was funny because I am conservative on many issues (e.g. foreign policy, economic policy, abortion issue) and moderate on others, and generally conservative in my personal lifestyle. I am open-minded and like to hear various sides of issues since I believe you don't improve your thinking or stands on issues without learning and listening to the various voices in the world. Anyway, I love these online exams since they usually go over-the-top to make you feel good about yourself in trying to get you to pay for additional services. My results below:

Bernard, you're a Skydiver!

Your personality is actually determined by two personality sub-types - your primary, or dominant sub-type, and your secondary sub-type. You are a Skydiver which means you are a Seeker / Golden Your primary sub-type is defined by "Seeker" characteristics and your secondary sub-type is defined by "Golden" characteristics.

That means you're open minded, extroverted, free-spirited, and independent. Chances are you're pretty liberal. You're like a magnet for love and affection. People adore you. And, thanks to that healthy dose of self-confidence, you're super-flexible.

How do we know all this? How do we know you're a great leader at work? Or that you're a self-starter and will always volunteer to take on a job? How could we have divined that you're an excellent communicator and tend to spread your enthusiasm to others?
...
You are independent, fun, interesting, and gung-ho about life. So much so that people tend to find you an irresistible presence to be around. You're open and extroverted, and willing to see issues from at least a couple of different sides.

No comments: