Monday, March 8, 2004

ANALYSIS OF KERRY'S FOREIGN POLICY
Another Good Post by Roger Simon


Sorry about all these recent posts against Kerry to the Dems, or could-be Dems, that visit this site... random readers, people from Coro, people from grad school, good friends who are delusional Clintonites (e.g. Thomas, Debbie), non-American friends (could-be Dems), but you guys simply don't have a respectable candidate to represent our great nation during this critical juncture of history. Here's another reason by Roger Simon:

The Big Scorn
At the conclusion of his excellent analysis of John Kerry's foreign policy interview with Time Magazine, Steven Den Beste concludes of Kerry:

"Based on everything I know about him now, I cannot in good conscience consider voting for him. I would rather vote for a candidate with known policies with which I disagree than for a candidate whose true policies -- if any -- are kept hidden under a bushel basket, at the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, in a dis-used lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the leopard". If I were somehow forced to choose, I'd vote for Nader before I'd vote for Kerry. At least I know what Nader stands for."

De acuerdo, Don Steven, but I would like to look for a moment at just one of your points and take it a little further. Den Beste writes that one of Kerry's central and repeated arguments against so-called "American unilateralism" is that it has brought down upon us the "scorn of the world." Leaving aside for a second the endlessly debatable question of unilateralism and assuming it to be true, I think Kerry has the scorn issue completely backwards and is using something that isn't there to justify opinions of his own that he doesn't have. (full post)

No comments: