Thursday, February 26, 2004

CONDOLEEZZA RICE INTERVIEW

A somewhat informative interview conducted by Hugh Hewitt on his radio show of Dr. Rice. I don't have a strong opinion on her, but part of my reason for posting this is to spite my friend, Dave. He's in the corporate world now, but previously he was getting his Ph.D. in political economy at UC-Berkeley and a foreign policy wonk-wannabe. He's Canadian (from Ottawa), anti-Bush, so far left (delusional), and he hates Condoleezza Rice. We enjoy debating with each other, especially on foreign policy issues, but sometimes we stop because it can get too heated... I think he stops because I can get extremely annoying with some snide comebacks during these debates, or Dave becomes too whacko for me and I have to stop because all I hear is French coming from his mouth... hahahaha, Dave?

Anyway, back to Dr. Rice, I joke around with Dave that she's going to be president in 2008. I really don't know the prospects of her developing into a viable candidate, but I have always believed the the first women and African American president would come from the Republican party. I thought a woman ideally would be white with a non-Congressional background, such as Elizabeth Dole or Christine Todd Whitman. Both these women lost their window of opportunity. I'm not certain if America is ready to elect a woman from the Democratic party, but we'll see what happens in 2008 with Hillary running. In terms of the first African American president, I still think it will come from the Republican party... Yes, commentary without deep analysis. I'm lazy today.

No comments: