Wednesday, December 31, 2003

On New Years Eve... Happy New Years!!

Random Entry...

I haven't been blogging much over the past several days after hitting a decent streak. I've been busy with tons of friends visiting Seoul, organizing a party, and preparing for my trip to the U.S. A group of friends and I threw a charity party on December 27th in Seoul that went well. About 240 people showed up, which was not like the one we had last year (almost 600 people), but good for only two weeks prep time and one week of marketing. Everyone had a great time and it was all for a good cause instead of our wallets... that's one thing that is underdeveloped in Korea is the non-profit sector (number of organizations and amount of funding). I believe all developing countries need a strong non-profit sector to take it to the next stage of growth towards a more civil society and culture, and Korea lacks in supporting many needed services and functions (e.g. homeless support, assisting disabled people, combating domestic violence) that government or the private sector would never provide due to political or financial reasons.

Anyway, I'm going to Las Vegas again for a convention next week and then I'm staying for my brother's bachelor party. My younger bro is getting married at the end of the month! We always knew he would get married before me even though he's five years younger. He's off to a Christian mission training program for a few months and then starts business school at Columbia University. I guess we'll be a Columbia family now... same school different graduate programs. My brother and I are different since he's primarily focused the corporate sector for his career while I'm split between business and government.

I have to take off now. Going to a New Year's Eve dinner at my friend Paulo's. Best wishes for everyone! God bless you! Have a Happy and Safe New Years!!

No comments: