Tuesday, November 18, 2003

PC MAGAZINE SUCKS!
Crazy at Comdex... American Breakfast Rocks!


I didn't think I would have time to blog while at Comdex, but I just needed to sit down and get away from the crowds. After spending all day Sunday setting up our booth, Monday was crazy. Our team of four stood from 10am to 5pm straight without a break because we were flooded with people interested in our software and technology. We didn't have time for lunch nor even thought about it. Same thing today. The response towards our product was great. Many told us flat out that we had the coolest or best product at Comdex, and many were from leading companies such as Nokia, ABC, and Dell.

So this brings up my gripe with PC Magazine. Supposedly they had a "Best of Comdex" award where they would "comb" the floor and choose the best products. To my knowledge, they didn't visit our booth, so I went to their staff this afternoon to invite them over and they informed me that they already decided the recipients during the morning. In a snobby manner they brushed me off and said that they double-checked this morning and I wouldn't have known whether their staff passed by or not.

Since I'm only consulting for this software company, I really don't think I have much at stake or a strong bias. I think PC Magazine was lazy about this process or already pre-selected their "Best of Comdex" with their advertisers or sponsors. What a scam. They suck. You reading this PC Magazine? You guys suck.

Anyway, being back stateside has been awesome because I can eat an American-style breakfast again. My colleagues and I have been eating at a breakfast buffet every morning. This has been key to our daily survival since we've been skipping lunch due to our lack of time. More importantly, the breakfast buffet at the Hilton rocks. At 7:00am it serves a full lunch menu also. So I've been eating sausage (korean breakfast sausage sucks), eggs, french toast, cottage cheese (i missed this so much), and other breakfast foods. The best thing on the menu though has been an Italian sausage mix. How awesome is this for breakfast? Grilled Italian sausage with onions and green peppers! Italian sausage might be the best invention to come out of Italy. Better than anything Leonardo da Vinci made. I love Italians this week for making my stomach very happy. Amore Italia!

No comments: